Friday, June 22, 2018
Hall of Fame Induction Gala to be held August 8
TORONTO, ON, June 22
This year's Hall of Fame inductees highlight Canadian horse racing success stories from across the country and the international racing world.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Class of 2018 includes:
- Ontario-born Thoroughbred breeder, John G. Sikura, operator of one of the most successful breeding farms in Kentucky;
- Bill Andrew, a breeder with ties to Alberta and PEI, who continues to generously give back to the racing industry.
- Dan Loiselle, the track announcer known for his iconic calls of Canadian Triple Crown races
- Ontario based photographer Dave Landry whose work has been recognized in Canada and internationally
- Ontario based, Sovereign Award winning trainer Reade Baker, who has also been a jockey's agent, operated an international bloodstock service and been a successful breeder.
- The late Jim Doherty, a gentlemanly trainer-driver from New Brunswick with a career spanning six-decades, much of which took place on US tracks
- Blissfull Hall, Quebec-owned winner of North America's Pacing Triple Crown.
- Chancey Lady, Ontario-sired, BC owned pacing mare who earned over $2-million
- Two horses bred by Adena Springs --Breeder's Cup winner Judy the Beauty and Queen's Plate winner Shaman Ghost.
The Gala event will feature a cocktail reception, a fantastic line up of silent and live auction items, and a four course gourmet dinner.
Homage will also be paid to 2018 Legend honourees, Frank McMahon and Hector Clouthier, Sr.
McMahon, a Queen’s Plate and Kentucky Derby winning owner opened up the Northwest Canadian wilderness for oil production and owned the first major thoroughbred racing stable in western Canada. Standardbred horseman Hector Clouthier Sr. was instrumental in forming horsemen’s groups in Ontario, enabling many to make a career in the sport.
Join us Wednesday, August 8th at the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Induction Gala, as we celebrate the class of 2018 and their spectacular contributions to the sport of horse racing.
Held at the Mississauga Convention Centre, co-hosting duties will be shared by Jim Bannon, CHRHF member and Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred Racing Analyst along with Greg Blanchard, racing commentator and Raceway Manager at the Raceway at Western Fair.
The reception and silent auction will commence at 5:30 p.m., followed by a four course dinner, live auction and induction ceremonies at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $175 per person, or $1,700 for a table sponsorship which includes 8 tickets, a $300.00 donation to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame and a total of $700 charitable receipts.
We will have an impressive list of live and silent auction items including stallion breedings, sporting event tickets, racing related memorabilia and other surprises. Auction donations are welcomed. All proceeds from the auction will go toward helping the Hall of Fame recognize the achievements of the best in Canadian horse racing and the history of the sport.
Opportunities to advertise in the souvenir induction program and event sponsorship packages are also available
Tickets may be purchased by visiting the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Online Store at http://shop.horseracinghalloffame.com/ or by contacting Linda Rainey 416-417-9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.